P distinguishes itself for being .
To achieve its purposethe four research lines of rogram are draw upon art knowledge, focusing their research on an artistic language work of art and its circulation in society. The Program proposals aims to answering the current issues present in the horizons of contemporary art knowledge: What is art? What is the role of the artist in today's culture What makes that, in a given context an object is considered " What is the role of the researcher in this area within the university?
The program aims to provide an in-deep reflection about art, from a theoretical point of view, covering aesthetic, historical, political, economic and critical aspects; to foment the relationships between research and artistic production with society; and to establish interactions with other areas of knowledge. Specifically, it proposes:
- To promote training and improvement of researchers and professionals focused on Aesthetics and Art History field, at master’s and doctoral degree levels;
- To qualify professionals to be able to develop projects and researches in art and cultural institutions;
- To stimulate the research, the organization and the execution of artistic projects related to the guidance of didactic and pedagogical resources, such as publications, documentaries, videos, among others;
- To develop projects, researches, events, documentation and theoretical reflection about multimedia and hypertext fields, emphasizing the use of digital and electronic language.
The Program aims to provide a comprehensive and in-depth reflection about art, covering aesthetics, institutional, historical, sociopolitical and critical aspects, fomenting the relationships between research and artistic production with the society and proposing to establish interactions with others areas of knowledge.
- To promote training and improvement of researchers and professionals focused on the study of historical and philosophical concepts necessary for the Aesthetics and Art History;
- To address methodologies able to demonstrate the scope of this investigation;
- To qualify professionals to develop researches and projects that support the historical and aesthetic knowledge related to current artistic, educational and cultural institutions;
- To encourage the research, its implementation and execution in projects dedicated to the production and circulation of art in society, including the media and their cultural, economic, social and political horizons.
The Inter-Graduate Program in Aesthetics and Art History presents the area of concentration "Aesthetics and Art History" in four research lines: "Theory and Criticism of Art", "History and Historiography of Art", "Methodology and Epistemology of Art" and "Production and Circulation of Art". From this structure, research projects, disciplinary contents, project guidelines, publications, national and international exchanges and others Program activities are directs to the interdisciplinary approach provided by the area of concentration. In the established actions, various spheres of artistic and aesthetic knowledge (theory, criticism, history, historiography, methodology, epistemology, production and circulation) are correlated with the research lines. In the methodological and epistemological procedures there is a clear tendency to the interaction with other areas of knowledge, such as administration, anthropology, architecture, social sciences, communication (with an emphasis on new digital media), economy, education, philosophy, history, museology, heritage, psychology, public policies and, more recently, public health and law.